Episode 09

Episode 09

Postby Ashley Underwood » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:59:45 pm

You survived the first boot of the merge! Stacey has joined the jury - who will be next?

What did you think of that tribal council? Did everything go as you expected?
Eat yo Raice.
Ashley Underwood
Host

Re: Episode 09

Postby Jeff » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:26:10 pm

I think a recurring thing that is happening is.. when people tell me who to vote for, they usually go home.

Even though I'm totally making that up.

But yeah I wanted Stacey to go home as mentioned a few times. Next up is either probably a Rai or a Kirati, probably a Rai.

I always have my idol and Kimmi's idol as backup here.
Jeff
Thakali Tribe

Postby Jeff Probst » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:40:19 pm

Will the final 8 be madhesi and kirati?
Jeff Probst
Host

Postby Jeff » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:44:43 pm

I'm pretty sure the answer to that will be no
Jeff
Thakali Tribe

Postby Jeff Probst » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:48:01 pm

Jeff wrote:I'm pretty sure the answer to that will be no

So the question then becomes... Is it a shootout for who makes the first move? Thinking logically, what is the best time to make a move against the other alliance (assuming it stays 4 v 4 and not some odd combination)
Jeff Probst
Host

Postby Jeff » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:04:43 pm

I'm thinking after tomorrow, I'll probably try to take a shot at Kirati. So there'd be 2 Rai left, 4 Kirati and 4 Madhesi turned into 3 Kirati and then hopefully to 2 Kirati.

At that point I will just decide who I like and go with them because Kimmi and I have idols so as long as we don't use them against each other, if it goes that way, we should be ok.

Unless they take a shot tomorrow night, which I don't think they will, I expect to take the first shot.
Jeff
Thakali Tribe

Postby Jeff Probst » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:08:42 pm

Jeff wrote:I'm thinking after tomorrow, I'll probably try to take a shot at Kirati. So there'd be 2 Rai left, 4 Kirati and 4 Madhesi turned into 3 Kirati and then hopefully to 2 Kirati.

At that point I will just decide who I like and go with them because Kimmi and I have idols so as long as we don't use them against each other, if it goes that way, we should be ok.

Unless they take a shot tomorrow night, which I don't think they will, I expect to take the first shot.

Thinking logically... waiting until there is only 1 rai member left is too late, making 2 rai members remaining the obvious point to scoop them up and make a move. Are you worried that you will have to duke it out with Kirati when there are only 2 rai left?
Jeff Probst
Host

Postby Jeff » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:00:45 am

I'm a bit worried that you've now told me to think logically twice. I'll try to re-evaluate my position tomorrow to make sure that I am thinking logically.

Waiting until there is 1 Rai left is too late, I agree. I am worried that we'll have to duke it out with Kirati especially with how mad Rai seem to be lol. But yeah I definitely agree with everything you said. But what I believe we have is 2 idols and what I believe they have is 0 idols so that makes it a little easier to swallow.
Jeff
Thakali Tribe

Postby Jeff Probst » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:02:27 am

Im saying thinking logically a lot because I want you to realize that I'm asking you questions based on the next logical move and not based on any information i know (i don't know much tbh lol). I'm just trying to walk through your thinking and see if you've thought about all the logical steps that will happen next and hwat your position is wiht them.
Jeff Probst
Host

Postby Jeff » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:09:21 am

If I was thinking logically I probably won't have sent that PM to the group that I just sent. But I'm bored so I did.

I probably should go after a Kirati tomorrow night which was my original plan (Stacey and then Chris) but the way tonight went, with Kirati trying to solidify an alliance with me / Madhesi and with the way Rai (specifically Ramona) is reacting to the way the vote went, I don't think it would be in my best interest to stab Kirati again with an already mad Ramona on one side. Making both sides mad at me, while it might be fun, probably isn't for the best.
Jeff
Thakali Tribe

Postby Courtney » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:28:05 am

Someone is always going to get blame for a big vote. Is Ramona's jury vote threat something that concerns you? Does worrying about jury votes even matter at this point? Or is it very possible you might turn yourself into a goat? To put it another way, how do you put people on the jury to vote for you?
Courtney
Alumni+

Postby Jeff » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:52:19 am

I need to stop responding to Ramona. Is there a way to prevent myself from responding to her? lol. beside self-control because I have none of that.
Jeff
Thakali Tribe

Postby Jeff » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:56:03 am

I'm probably coming off like a bully but I really initially intended to just explain myself in a reason-based logical fashion but she took offense at it and started barking at me so I felt like I should bark back..

I shouldn't have but I did. I don't even really dislike her. I just think she's dumb. She got duped. She lost. She is mad now.
Jeff
Thakali Tribe

Postby Jeff Probst » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:59:33 am

Do you feel like you have all bases covered? What would you say is your weak point if any?
Jeff Probst
Host

Postby Jeff » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:05:59 am

I think my weak point in this game is now that my boat has a giant leak in it called Ramona.

Other than that, I feel like I am very tertiary and I think that is going to be the end of my game. I'm very fringe, I feel. I'm on the fringe of a lot of alliances - either by my fault of voting or by my personality.

I'm also being very fake which might be transparent. So I might be pretty transparent. That's probably a big weakness, too.

But I no longer think I have the Rai bases covered any longer, the Kirati, maybe. Madhesi yes, I don't think any of the 3 other Madhesi vote me out. I don't think Denise does either. So I think I have 4 bases covered out of 11 people. I have some work to do.

It's probably my fault but I'm having fun so I'm not really all too concerned about it. I don't really care if I lose. I actually expect to lose and to lose soon so once if or when I make it to top 8 or so, every round will be better than I expected.
Jeff
Thakali Tribe

Postby Jeff » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:35:47 am

No but really I do feel pretty bad about this because I feel like I behaved poorly. It won't happen again probably :\
Jeff
Thakali Tribe

Postby Ashley Underwood » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:58:10 am

So, what's the plan for tomorrow after all of this?
Eat yo Raice.
Ashley Underwood
Host

Postby Jeff » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:55:51 pm

Courtney wrote:Someone is always going to get blame for a big vote. Is Ramona's jury vote threat something that concerns you? Does worrying about jury votes even matter at this point? Or is it very possible you might turn yourself into a goat? To put it another way, how do you put people on the jury to vote for you?

Missed this somehow, sorry. Last night was just, woosh.

Nah, I'm not concerned with jury votes at this point really at all. First of all, I need to get to the finals before that even matters. Second of all, she is 1 person who is threatening me with her vote - I don't care. I've never been a fan of when people threaten jury votes. I can't cater myself to everyone. I might not have gotten her vote if I was her best friend in the game anyway. It's just not a concern to me.

Will I turn myself into a goat? I guess we'll see. So far in my three votes I've decided (for the most part) who went home. It isn't saying much for the pre-merge boots but Papa Bear and Lisa both seemed like big votes because they were destined to be big players. I'm not just fucking around and getting out the fringe players.

The jury phase is too far away for me to consider it right now, I think. Maybe in a few votes when the jury will start having more than 1 or 2 people.
Jeff
Thakali Tribe

Postby Marissa Peterson » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:12:05 pm

If Ramona is such a problem for you, do you plan on trying to make her the next target? Or are you just going to sit back and let things unfold?
Marissa Peterson
Host

Postby Jeff » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:42:26 pm

That is a great point Marissa because my plan is to either go after Ramona for going after me, or let things unfold as they will and then just grab a side last minute probably.

I'm hoping she goes after me or someone "tells me" she is going after me so I have an excuse for voting her out and that Hayden and Rich will not hate me for it. Besides, I'm significantly closer to those 2 than to her.

If she goes, I could team up me, Rich, Hayden, Tina, Debb against Angie, Carter, Denise, Chris and Kimmi, maybe Kimmi will be willing to flip there and take out a Kirati or two.

Then I'd be worried about Rich and Hayden joining up with the other side whoever is left to target Madhesi. I wouldn't mind to lose Tina because she is not as.. integral to this operation as I would have liked her to be. She seems out of the loop and behind the curve, so I'm hoping she will just vote as I tell her to because she's not really helping out otherwise..

It's hard to plan ahead like this because people don't react as I expect them to, so I can't count on that anymore. I need to make my plans after each tribal council following that guideline I listed above.
Jeff
Thakali Tribe

Next

Return to Jeff