Day 32 - Final Tribal Council

Where your fate is decided.

Day 32 - Final Tribal Council

Postby Jeff Probst » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:01:50 pm

Welcome, Final 3.

Tina, Kimmi and Jeff, you have all come as far as you can in the game. The power now shifts from the three of you to the nine players you had a hand in voting out. Let's begin in our jury:

Stacey, Ramona, Hayden, Denise, Richard, Angie, Debb, Chris and Carter.

Jury, in just a moment you will begin asking questions gathering as much information you can to cast your vote for the winner of Stranded in Nepal. Tonight you will be voting FOR a winner.

Before it is your time to question the finalists, we will give them one last chance to plead their case. Finalists, please post your Opening Statements to the jury now:
Jeff Probst
Host

Re: Day 32 - Final Tribal Council

Postby Kimmi » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:02:56 pm

Apologies in advance for how long this is.

First off, I want to say what a fun game this has been. I mean, it’s easy to say that from a seat in the finals, but even if I’d have gotten voted off I’d feel the same way. I’ve enjoyed every round from start to finish and this has been an overall great experience.

I’d also like to thank the hosts, especially Jeff, for putting up with us for these couple weeks. I know we weren’t the most lively bunch, but I think I speak for everyone when I say it’s been fun for us and you guys did a great job. But then, with so many seasons you’ve got a lot of experience pulling off great games icon_razz

Ok, so first I want to explain my strategy coming into this game. I know myself and my social game is easily my strongest go-to. So coming into this, especially seeing that we had 3 tribes and the ambassador twist, I knew that focusing on my social game was going to be my best bet. My goal was to be as likable as possible in order to have as many connections and options available to me as possible. And I can say with confidence that that is exactly how I played from start to finish.

Madhesi

Beginning on Madhesi, I quickly established bonds with pretty much everyone. Although Keith was a little difficult to get to know for obvious reasons. Jeff and I hit it off right off the bat particularly well. I knew he was someone I wanted to work with so we aligned quickly. We then decided that Mad Dog and the newly replaced Tina were the more active people on the tribe (Debb had a busy weekend and hadn’t been around as much) and formed a four way majority alliance. Here’s the thing though, it started out as me and Jeff as 1 and 2 in the alliance and I talked to Mad Dog and Tina to pull them in as 3 and 4, but I quickly found myself feeling just as close to MD and Tina as to Jeff, and I did what I could to make them feel that close to me. I wanted to make sure that no matter what happened I had multiple options for close partners as the game went on. This will be important to remember for later.

Papa Bear was immediately a concern for me. He was barely around and when he was he pretty much only asked me about alliances, whether I was in one and who else was aligned and if I wanted to work with him. I think he asked me to be in an alliance with him at least twice. His being the ambassador and being able to send any of us to another tribe on a whim was a concern for me, so I was incredibly careful around him and in talking about him to others, but I wanted him gone because he was completely shady and untrustworthy. So with some careful prodding I was able to find out that Jeff, Mad Dog, and Tina all felt similarly. So with this information, the idea of voting PB out at the earliest opportunity was promptly established among the four of us. Unfortunately, we didn’t lose immunity for like the next 2 rounds so that was kind of awkward.

Nu-Madhesi

After the shuffle I knew I was in a precarious spot. I lost one ally to the other tribe, but because of the effort I’d put into growing close to Tina and Mad Dog I knew I had 2 people I could trust. And then the Kirati had a solid majority to our 3 and Stacey. The obvious solution to surviving was again employing the best social tactics I could muster and either be more likable than my Madhesi allies to survive until the merge or get in with the Kirati, and I’d say I definitely pulled off both.

I should probably explain my reasoning for voting the way I did on that tribe. The first vote was difficult, to say the least. Obviously, Mad Dog was a target and I didn’t want that, although I was grateful that I wasn’t the target (I see that as a good indicator of my social game right there). But when Stacey came to me with the plan to vote out Carter I wasn’t sure I could trust her. Mainly because she told me that I was the target and I didn’t believe her for 2 reasons:

1) There was no cause for them to vote me out as far as I could tell. Several of the Kirati and told me that Mad Dog hadn’t spoken to them as much as myself and Tina so they didn’t like her as well, and that was backed up by the fact that Mad Dog hadn’t really been around a whole lot in that time to be social.
2) Mad Dog and Tina hadn’t heard that I was the vote from anyone. And I had heard both of their names and they had heard each other’s names.

So based on that, I assumed that she was lying to me to get me to vote with her, and that led me to distrust her, which came into play later in the merge. But the only alternative was voting out one of the people I did trust, so the most logical decision in my eyes was voting with Stacey, even if I was unsure of her true intentions.

After that vote, obviously things were a little awkward. I had tried to vote out someone who was now in the majority over me and there were at least a couple rounds before the merge so I knew I had to do some serious leg-work to make sure I’d stick around. So what I decided to do was play up the victim angle and act like I was a lot more confused about what to believe for the vote than I actually was, and sorry Stacey, but I kind of threw you under the bus a bit in the process. icon_whistling I think that by pushing the vote onto Stacey and working my pigtails off trying to get to know everyone on the tribe and establish bonds that round I helped to keep myself alive for the next vote. It didn’t really matter to me that Artis went instead, really that just meant that there was one less Kirati in the mix to complicate things at the merge and me and Tina were safe, and that was my only goal for that round.

The merge

This was an interesting situation for me, at this point I could literally have worked with anyone in the game, and I think that speaks worlds for my social game. At this point I was close with the Kiratis, particularly Angie, who I would have loved to work with long term but I knew she was close with Carter and couldn’t risk that pair sticking together too long. And Stacey was convinced she had me and convinced the rest of Rai of the same so I could have worked with them, had I felt so inclined. And then of course there were my former Madhesi tribemates. So the world was my oyster and I had already achieved what I set out to do by having as many possible options available to me.

I knew Carter, Chris, Angie, and Tina would be more than happy to vote for Stacey after the previous round. So we had at least 6 votes there, and I felt like I’d be able to flip Debb and/or Jeff to our side. It was at this point that I told Jeff about my idol. I wasn’t planning on telling anyone about it at all to avoid the inevitable target that it would bring and if no one suspected I had it then it would be easier for me to find out if/when I was being targeted so I could successfully use it. The only reason I told Jeff about it was because we’d been on different tribes and I needed him to trust me. I felt confident that I could trust him because he’d given me the full rundown on everything that had gone on while he was on nu-Kirati, so I figured either he was very generous with information or he still considered me an ally. The latter seemed more likely. We then came up with a plan of him sticking with the Rai for the vote and getting Debb on our side so we could have majority and he could stay in good with the Rai to work as a double agent of sorts. The thing that kind of undid that plan was Debb’s being hesitant on who to vote for, so I told Jeff and got him to vote with us anyway to be safe. And then as you know Debb voted with us too, so it didn’t even matter. icon_laughing

My plan was to let one more Rai go and then try to flip who was left. I didn’t really care which of them left, so I was more than happy to go along with the group on voting Ramona. Then I wanted to try to flip Hayden and Rich and take out one of the Kirati as a pre-emptive measure. I mean, everyone knew that eventually we’d have to target each other, but I wanted to make sure that we were the first to strike so we could end up on top. I would have been ok with going to a tie, too, but Tina was too cautious and ruined that play. However, it still set things in motion. Anyway, I was banking on the fact that Hayden and Rich would be willing to do whatever at that point to stay in the game. I’ll admit, while I thought they might go to the Kirati instead and vote out one of us, I didn’t expect Rich to vote out Hayden.

I’m going to stop here to address something else. From this round forward pretty much all of the moves that were made by the original Madhesis (and Chris for a while) were group decisions. Carter told me the round Chris left that Jeff was telling him that I was a goat and not the mastermind that he thought I was. And I’m not a mastermind, but then I’ve never claimed to be one. There really was no mastermind, because there was no need for one. We all knew who the threats were and we worked to get rid of them. No one followed because no one really led. No one needed rallying or convincing that Carter, Angie, Chris and Denise were threats. We just knew that they were and voted accordingly. So I don’t think anyone can really take sole credit for those votes. That being said, I still explored other options just in case. I talked with some of you about the possibility of voting out Tina and Jeff at a couple different points, but in the end when I weighed the options and looked at it from a logical perspective, it was obvious that since I was perceived as a threat, no one was going to really work with me long term. And while the threat of Jeff and Tina voting me out later on down the road was a plausible one, it was more likely that they’d stick with me than anyone else would at that point, and I was right icon_smile

The round I think I had the least control was at the final 6 when Debb left. At this point, I knew the possibility of a Debb/Tina/Jeff final 3 was very real. I mean, once Chris and Carter were gone who else would the 3 of them target but the person that everyone had been calling a threat all merge? So that was a concern, but I knew that Chris and Carter weren’t going to keep me for very long if I voted with them instead. And even if I did vote with them, it was likely going to be a tie and this was a point that I wasn’t willing to tie. I had come too far and wasn’t leaving anything to chance if I could help it. I tossed the idea of voting Tina out there to Jeff and Debb, but Jeff was convinced that Chris was a bigger threat and pushed very hard for him. Tina was pushing for the same. Chris and Carter were pushing for Debb. And Debb said she wanted to stick to with Jeff and Tina, which only further increased my suspicions that they were going to target me after the other threats were out of the way, because we had discussed the idea of voting out Tina or Jeff after the Rich vote.

So I didn’t have any real say in the vote that round. Buuuut, I did have the suspicion that Carter or Chris had the idol. My reasoning was that we had received public clues to the idol for the past couple rounds, and then they mysteriously stopped either that round or the round before, I can’t really remember. But the way I saw it that would only happen if it had been found. And while they could have kept it hidden, I figured that one of my allies would have told us about it if they had found it just to assuage any fears that we had about it. So, knowing that the vote was out of my hands anyway, I told Carter before the challenge what the voting plan was in hopes that he or Chris would play the idol accordingly and get rid of one of the people I suspected were plotting against me. Combine that with the idol I was planning on playing on myself and I knew I’d have a good shot at making the finals and eliminate a threat no matter how it panned out, and I also got to save face with my allies by not betraying them at such a sensitive time (if I had voted with Chris and Carter, no way Jeff and Tina would have trusted me and then I would’ve been sunk no matter what I tried to do) and still maintained the respect of my competitors, ie Carter and Chris.

So a few closing points:

I think that my social game was easily my strongest point for this whole playthrough. It got me where I am and got me out of several scrapes. Not to mention that I was able to keep myself in the majority almost every single round I voted, with the only real exceptions being the rounds that Mad Dog and Debb left.

I want to point out the fact that I was targeted multiple rounds in a row, but still managed to come out on top and I trusted my alliances and connections enough that I didn’t feel the need to play my idol on myself.

I feel like the ultimate testament to my social game is that I had a hand in voting almost all of you to the jury, yet for the most part, as far as I can tell, none of you hate or resent me for it. In fact, most of you were pretty supportive of me when I voted you out. So I would say that my jury management has been pretty good.

Well, that’s all I have to say for now. I’m looking forward to your questions and I hope I can satisfy. icon_smile
Kimmi
Thakali Tribe

Postby Tina » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:03:44 pm

Tina's Ruthless Reign

Hi All! I am very pleased to be here and able to talk to you all once more! In fact, despite anticipating that this may be a bumpy night, I am delighted to be in this very spot and explain to you why I should be the person most deserving of your vote and being declared as the winner!

Before anything else though, I'd like to thank Probst and the hosting team for giving me the opportunity to be part of this and for doing a wonderful job with this game, and everyone in the cast for making this game a lot of fun! Thanks to you all!

Anyways, I suppose that I will need to outline my case to you, because some things I did may not be overly obvious and some things will need some explanation. Before I do, I will just state that I had a ball while playing this game, and I am not ashamed of say it, because hey, it worked! While simultaneously getting me to this point right now, I believe it helped spice the game up, in a way that nobody else really seemed prepared to do. And while I can't say I played a perfect game, very little was left to mere chance once I really came into my own, post merge.

I also must admit that I told a whole heap of fibs in this game. Lots. And them some. I told little white lies and great big whoppers. However, that is in the past. Tonight you get the truth. All of it and as ugly as it might be, and I will encourage you if there is anything you want to know, if I don't cover it, please ask and I promise you will get the truth - good or bad, it will be the truth, because that is what you deserve.

Bottom line is, I own what I did in this game. I own the decisions I made and actions I took, in order to make sure I was positioned where I wanted and needed to be. This meant that I was going to step on some toes along the way, but part of making as many moves as I did meant that I could not be always be overly well liked, if I was to have any chance of making the end, which I have. I don't like hurting people, and this is not something I take some kind of perverse pleasure in, however this is a game, and what was said and done in game has to be viewed in the context of this being in a game. Whatever else, this was always first and foremost in my mind - that this was a game.

Of the 3 of us sat before you, it is my contention that I had, by far the biggest impact and influence on this game. Whether you like the way I did things or not, I do not think that this is in any way possible to dispute, and in so doing, aim to prove to you that I deserve and have earned your vote.

So, now that that's out of the way, I guess I should explain what my thoughts were for pretty much the whole game.

PRE-MERGE

I think all of you know by now that I came in as a replacement for the original person that played as Tina, 4/5days after the game began. And this did play a part in my approach. Having missed out on the luxury and all the bonding that took place over that first weekend, meant that I was immediately playing with a 'catch up' mentality, which propelled me to play a lot more pro-actively than what might otherwise have been the case.

Thankfully Madhesi won a string of early immunity challenges, which bought me time and allowed me to bed in, and form connections on that tribe. With Debb initially, and then with Jeff and Kimmi, who came across as very much at the centre of all things Madhesi in those early days. Being invited to be part of an alliance with these 2 and Mad Dog was a definite step in the right direction, but was always cautious of investing too much, because I had a much closer relationship with Debb than I had with Mad Dog, and I don't mean that in a negative way, rather privately Debb was more in my long term plans than what Mad Dog was.

Papa Bear was well on his way to digging his own grave by the time our tribe lost it's one and only challenge prior to the tribe swap, but even still despite the late arrival, and being put me up for sacrifice one round, my social game even managed to pull a 180 here on PB, as the very next round giving me the clues to the HII - which I promptly shared with pretty much everyone. Personally, I never had any great intention or desire of looking for it myself. I would say I did, but never really bothered. No word of a lie, maybe tried 5 different passwords - if that. Why? Because sharing the clues was a way of fostering and building trust with people, and trust is a much more valuable commodity than any HII ever was or ever will be. Not to mention if people suspect you of having a HII it can put a target on your back and that is something I rather preferred to avoid.

After the tribe switch I arrived back on nuMadhesi, along with Stacey and a clutch of former Kirati members. Again I used my delayed arrival in the game as an explanation for why I was on the outs on the original Madhesi, and opened the door in order to work my way in with the former Kirati people. Which brings us to the first real critical vote of the game for me.

Although I was initially intrigued by Stacey's plan to go after Carter, with respect, her lack of detail as to why she would want this as well as the vagueness of the tie break rules meant I was far from convinced that this could be achieved. So I set out to try and cast shade on Artis and indirectly on to Stacey who could then be targeted in the event of a second immunity loss. Hopefully it would have the Kirati people turn on Artis and in so doing keep Kimmi, Mad Dog and I out of the line of fire. So I took some info that Artis had told me, used a little bit of instinct and embellished it.... A lot. Unfortunately it didn't quite work out, and once it was for sure certain that 4 votes were going on Mad Dog, I intentionally strayed, which effectively meant I was letting Mad Dog go myself. This was not done out of cowardice but by trying to take the long view.

• to vote Carter would only potentially cause irretrievable damage to the work I had already put in and fostered with Angie, Carter & Chris
  • it would 'show' I was not as tight with the original Madhesi, where I painted a picture of Kimmi and Mad Dog being much more central to the pecking order - something I did repeatedly through the course of the game, which kept the focus off of me.
  • Kimmi and I were still on good terms, and needed to make sure it bought us time to get to the merge
  • Although in an alliance with Mad Dog, she was not as critical to my plans as had they targeted Kimmi, who I had more of a 1-on-1 connect with
  • Setting Stacey up to take the fall as the architect of targeting Carter would put her as the target should we lse another immunity before the merge

Of course Artis and Stacey are both pissed at me and on the surface I was persona non grata, for having tried to push too hard to divide and conquer the Kirati people by putting the target on Artis, and with Stacey, for having messed with her plans. But Chris and I began to talk in earnest and set plans, all the more noone might suspect, especially when he had been the one putting me on sacrifice at this exact same time. I believe that this did help heal the situation with Artis, and I cant understate how much I learned from this experience in overplaying, followed by rebuilding bridges after burning one. So Artis, wherever you are, you did have a part to play in my getting here. Thanks! icon_smile I point this out now because this is something that I managed to achieve with much more success as the game progressed.

What I didn't expect was that Artis rather remarkably pretty much did precisely what I had been 'suggesting' the previous round. icon_blink When this came out this shift meant I was no longer in danger here... Except despite trying to keep a low profile following the previous round, I somehow found myself as a defacto liaison between Artis and Stacey which was kind of odd. Anyhow, I leave the organizing of the vote largely to the Kirati people and the vote ended up tied. When it all unfolded and Stacey was still in the game, it was no surprise that I was again going to be in her sights.

Quite simply, I had made a gaff, but I was able to learn from it. And if my instincts and social game had not been up to scratch, I may have been in more trouble Instead of secure in the connections I had in place and was ready for the next phase of the game.

THE MERGE - WHY YOU ARE THERE AND I AM HERE

F12

The merge had arrived, and with it my ruthless reign was set to begin. Before I go on, I would like to point out that I contributed to every single one of you being there on the Jury. This is no mere coincidence, and neither of my 2 fellow finalists can say this, as both of whom missed the mark on at least 2 occasions each. This I think demonstrates and underlines that I was always had my finger on the pulse and more often than not was able to have a significant influence on what was going to happen at Tribal Council.

That first weekend, it was a matter of patience, but knowing that Stacey would be looking to rekindle connections with the original Rai people, as she knew she could not rely on nuMadhesi to have her back and more than likely, she would want to target me. Jeff and Debb both tried to court me to join the nuKirati people, but with Stacey already aligning with the remaining Rai people meant that this was never a realistic option.

If I had just wanted to go down the line of self preservation for that one or two rounds I could have joined nuKirati. However, that is short sighted knowing that Stacey was wanting to target me in point of fact actually worked to my advantage. As I pointed out that for Debb and Jeff to join nuMadhesi kept their options open, whereas voting me out would only reduce these for them, and think this did influence their decision to come on board in voting out Stacey. But this is important because it kept all of my original Madhesi as well as nuMadhesi options and connections open.

Even Jeff wanted to vote for me 'to save face', and I had to convince him otherwise. Bitch, no you don't. Maybe the game would have been different if he had, and Jeff may have been able to have kept a better connect with Richard, and maybe the whole game works out differently if Jeff had voted for me as he originally wanted to. Who knows? The fact is, he didn't & and we will never know. Meanwhile Denise was being courted to join us also by Angie and co, and suddenly, from being possibly out, 7-5. to being very safely in, 8-4.

In other words, I was able to maintain the most options, and cutting some for Jeff and Debb, as they would be turning their backs on the Rai with whom they had been on the same side as, and which meant that any future plan they had more than likely would have to involve and include me.

This is a theme I am going to touch on a lot. Get used to it, lol. icon_smile

F11

The next round I genuinely did have a migraine, but given the circumstances was more than happy to just go along as Ramona was voted out. There was no need for anything to be done here except let it play out, but as it was someone that had voted for me the previous round, and didn't have an extensive relationship with Ramona beyond a few PM's when she had been an ambassador and a couple more at the merge, I was more than happy to let this one be straightforward play out, and send Ramona over to the Jury.

F10

The next round though, things really started getting interesting. The original Madhesi proposed a plan to have an alliance with what was left of the remaining original Rai; Richard and Hayden. Of course I said I was on board, however, instantly this was something I was genuinely concerned about and did not feel was in my personal interest to have happen, for 4 reasons:

• Both of these guys had voted for me less than 48hrs before, so what personal loyalty did they have to me?
  • I struggled to be able to get a good read on Richard (and credit to him for this)
  • Hayden quickly proved to me how dangerous he could potentially be if he were given the opportunity to work his way into the game, because he is very charming and extremely charismatic.
  • Most importantly, what personal connections that I had spent so long developing would I be jeopardizing, if not outright throwing away?

So I stuck with the original Kirati people, and agreed with Carter to throw mine at Hayden instead of Richard. I should note Richard meanwhile proved my concerns to be well founded by taking the situation and leveraging it to make a better one for himself. I respected that, but was just further evidence that my instinct on being not the right move was spot on.

Theoretically, I could have sided with Hayden & Madhesi, and with Chris stray voting Richard, still ended up on the right side of the numbers, but I felt there was a risk here none the less as it would mean putting my faith and my game in the hands of people that had voted for me just days before and secondly, considering Jeff and Debb had voted against them at the merge, how long would it be before Richard and Hayden may look for a little payback? In Richard's case, it was probably only a couple of hours at most.

If anyone feels I am dwelling on this particular point in the game, I beg your indulgence because this vote and the next would prove pretty critical for so many different reasons in what would follow.

F9

Voting Hayden out left 2 big issues, because now I had misled Debb, Kimmi and Jeff, and would have to make this right with then. But also where this left me with the original Kirati people and now Richard presented as an alternative option for them to work with instead of me. Seizing on the opportunity afforded by Denise and Angie discussing voting comments, which raised some eyebrows also and noting that the group chat we had been part of at that point was soon to drop off (or as I more strongly suspect just didn't include me anymore) set off even more alarm bells. Taking all this into account it was now time to get Chris to flip, as we had previously discussed the prospect and necessity of this happening at some point. So I had to get Chris to flip, but to make it seem as though he was the one driving it and not me pulling the strings.

So knowing it had to be done now, I set in motion one of my more subtle schemes. First obtaining Chris' OK (but not the full extent of why I was doing it), I fed a line to Denise and Angie about how I had told Chris about how things were shaping up for that previous vote (but supposedly had got cut off before being able to mention it to anyone else) and by manipulating the situation suddenly this put the spotlight on Chris from the remaining original Kirati people. He even admitted to me it made him feel a little uncomfortable by their questioning. This effectively made Chris realize the time to flip had come, but in doing it this way, he would come to that realization himself rather than feeling like I had pulled too many of the strings. This was important, because if Chris was to flip he would want to be recognized for the move, so I had to make the conditions right for him to come to this conclusion himself, but make no mistake, I had intentionally set off the trigger that meant that the time was right.

So Chris flips, but the thing is, it is not just Chris that flips, we move together, because I had not been with the Madhesi group at the previous vote, so it appeared me more returning to the Madhesi fold & able to re-establish the trust within that Madhesi group. And it made perfect logical sense that Denise be the one to go next. After all, I had a prior relationship with Carter and Angie, whereas Denise had only gotten to speak with since the merge. Yet in just this short space, I had already been impressed by how switched on she was and the danger she potentially could pose if allowed to carry on. So the choice between Denise and Angie was no choice at all. Not to mention all the while that it was being propositioned to me that Kimmi go. Kimmi was someone that I had a long term connection with and would drawing heat away from me, so why would I want to lose her at F9? No chance. icon_no

F8

So Denise goes, and Angie and Chris are steaming at each other, but it did not serve my game to lose either at this point, and having already had a pretty important hand in back to back rounds, would do so again here. In the build up to the previous round, the group chat I had been a part of with Denise, Carter, Chris, Angie & I had broken down, a point I had raised with Carter so I could reference back to it once Denise was gone, as an explanation why I had flipped on them, under the impression that with Denise on the scene I was going to get squeezed out, and with her out of the picture, I would be open to working with Carter & Angie again. So Denise going, again meant keeping the most options for myself going while minimizing them for others. And instead of me getting squeezed out at F5 or F6 would be able to progress so much further - if I chose to go that way.

Again, this is just one example of how I was not just thinking about the immediate vote coming out, but how I would be able to work my way in with those I had previously gone against. Leaving these little breadcrumbs that I could reference back to in conversations that would lend credibility to what I was saying when re-establishing trust, and this is so very important when trying to play the middle. There are other examples of this, if anyone wants to know more. Anyhow on this occasion I used this as the pretext to keep both Angie and Carter on my side, with the pretext that with the weekend looming there might be time for a reconciliation between Angie and Chris - and possibly open the doorway to get to the end as that 4some - if we could get through that one round.

And it was with this in mind that Richard had to go next. Chris and the orig Madhesi wanted Angie gone. Chris (& I think Kimmi, who from memory was flying home that evening) had prevoted Angie. I did not want Angie gone, because not only was Angie an option for me, and her going at F8 would be as much a waste as potentially losing Kimmi would have been at F9. No chance. icon_no

By contrast, Richard was a wild card, and I mean this as a compliment. I was very concerned about leaving an 'X' factor like this in the game, to be allowed to float and be an option for people to work with down the line. I had a reasonable handle on where every other player in the game stood except for Richard. If you are uncertain about where they stand or you can't predict their behaviour, then that is a liability. I needed to be the only 'X' factor in the game - even if I didn't always appear to be that. So for these reasons I set about getting Richard out, by getting Angie and Carter to agree to put their vote on him, then shortly before TC floated the idea to Madhesi that we should throw a vote on Richard 'in case of a HII play'. Jeff agreed to this just before TC, so I now had what I needed, even though I didn't let on I fully intended on doing this also. It would be enough.I played it off in discussion as being that there had been a miscommunication, but knew what I was doing. icon_yes

F7

Going into last weekend then, it meant that the attention was all on Angie. And I certainly played my part with keeping it there for most of the weekend, so everyone coulf go off and enjoy the break from the game. But while everyone focused with the target on Angie, I was taking stock and weighing up what each person's case, should they make it to the end, as well as taking into account the various scenarios that may prove to be spanners in the works. I honestly did not want Angie to go at F7, as I genuinely liked Angie, and she would still be a target if left in the game, but without posing that same potential threat to throw a spanner in the works than what others might. Sadly, it was around this time that Chris and I relationship began to show some cracks also, after having gone behind his back to take out Richard. I had explained to him what I hoped to achieve by this, but felt only reprimanded, but more importantly Chris sought to curb my proactive play.

But like players from Rob C to Tony V have showed, once you start playing an aggressive, dynamic game, you have to play it all the way. If you are going to do it, it cannot be half arsed or and you can't be caught sitting back which becomes the recipe to complacency. I had to finish what I had started. In the context of this game, and in character with the game I had played, I could not sit back. Not now. It had gone past the point where that was really an option. I had to stay proactive and on the offensive. The job was only half done and needed to be finished.

As much as I loved playing with him, it was clear that Chris was emerging as a big threat in his own right - a true triple threat - and that sitting beside him, especially if I did take his counsel and just allowed the game to flow and be a passenger, which under other circumstances might seem like good advice, it would be bad for the game I had played so far. So I set in motion a plan to blindside Chris the first time he didn't have immunity, which i had hoped would be that Sunday night (last week).

Of course, the best laid plans of mice and men and all that... icon_ha Chris won immunity, the plan got leaked and regretfully Angie had to go as there wasn't any time to change things up after that. However I had said that afternoon if Carter or Angie had a HII it might not be a bad time to use it... but that is what it is. This was the one of the few times things did not go according to plan, but there was always the Plan B to go back on that had been set up since the Thursday. It wasn't going to backfire on me at least, even if I really did not want to be voting Angie out... yet.

F6

Anyhow, we move on to the F6, and after Chris comments at the previous TC, I suspect he knows I was on board to take him out had he not won, but as I mentioned was able to deny it, because the only person I had directly spoken to about it was Debb. As the round progresses, I get to talking to Carter and Chris, knowing that between them, one of them is was highly likely had to have a HII. I wasn't sure who and neither said that they did, but had always felt as if 1 of Angie/Chris/Carter had one and with Angie out of the picture the safe bet was that one of them did. In truth for a long time I thought it had been Chris, but was not for sure certain, only that it seemed most logical. Again playing both sides here and saying yes to both sides, but knowing that Carter was not happy with both Debb and I, by teaming up with Chris and Carter, at least ensured that the target was not going to be me. I am really sorry Debb, but there was an element of self preservation this round, and as it turned out, everyone else but the 2 of us would be immune, so it really was between you and I and I needed to do what I could to make sure it wasn't me.

However, in a perfect world, it had been my intention since the start to be sitting alongside you here today.

F5

After all the Idols were flushed at the previous vote, it meant that the game once again was entirely in my hands at F5 and it would go the way of my choosing, with a pair on either side. Having just voted out Debb, under the circumstances of so many HII plays, I was in a position to now align back with Kimmi and Jeff or stay with Carter and Chris here. I have previously said it, in my opinion Chris was by far the biggest single danger to sit beside at the end; and that includes Carter or anyone else. It was a matter of necessity to take Chris out. This is what happened, and as it happened. the F3 you have in front of you today was because of my choice, as I could have been sitting here with Chris and Carter. Either way I would be sitting here and not as a goat, but as someone that had called so many of the shots in the game. And this was just the latest of many.

F4

Sadly Carter really did not take this final betrayal at all well, declaring that he was most pissed about all the lying. Newsflash! This is Survivor. Lying and deception happens. And with respect, everyone is guilty of it. However Carter elected to back himself into a corner where only winning immunity would ensure his place at the FTC. Had he talked, who knows? I was naturally concerned about going to the end with Carter, but to not even try to arrange something just in case? Kimmi had. Jeff had. Carter, nope. I know Carter, you were not very happy about my comments that you had checked out at this point, and do hope your friend is OK, but there is more than one way to do something in this game and to put all your eggs in the one basket of winning immunity or bust is a sign of someone that has given up all other hope, and the only person's game Carter hurt by doing that was his own, sadly.

Challenges

Oh, I assume this will be something that someone may want to bring up, my record in the challenges. Again I think it highlights the game I played that I was always vulnerable and never needed immunity. Long story short, although it may not seem it, I did actually have a challenge strategy, and it was three pronged:

• First,, it was to intentionally not pursue any of the immunities up for grabs
  • Second, to learn everything I could from them about everyone in the game. I may not have been very active but I was always very attentive.
  • Third, not being seen as a challenge threat people could get comfortable in their mindset that if need be they could take me out anytime, only I would be too much in control to let that happen by the time they would want to get around to it.

For what it is worth, winning challenges, and especially individual ones is a very easy way to put a target on someone's back, and this was something I was aiming to avoid as much as possible. Especially those that are speed or skill based. And of those that were not this way related, the best thing you can do is learn about your opponents.

Summary

You may not like the game I played, and there are certainly people that are more well liked in this game than I dare say I am - indeed, a few of you are on the Jury for that very reason. Personally, I am very different from the person you may think of me right now in real, but in the context of this game I used my social game that would set up the connections I needed to make it this far, and had to be every bit as heartless and ruthless as I could in order to achieve what I have and play the game I did.

In the end you have to respect the fact I ripped this game up, and owned it in a way no one else can even come close to claiming. The carnage and the wreckage I left in my wake is proof of the instinct and effect I had, which was unmatched by anyone else in this game. As I even taught my daughter,

So, yes, I manipulated. I twisted the truth. I flipped and flopped repeatedly. And then did it again. I put targets on people and left shields in the game. Tried as best I could to limit the options of other players to make sure I was always in their plans, and by so doing kept as many as I could open for myself. I may have been a bitch, but it was done to aid minimizing the target on myself, while at the same time was able to inflate the target on others.And my positioning post merge and the ability to play both sides was always key.

Most importantly, I have the blood of every single person on the Jury on my hands. I am not embarrassed or shy away from this, rather I embrace it and wear it as a badge of honour; testament to the game I played, the effect I had and the mark I have left on it. There is only one person that can say that they contributed to every single one of you sitting where you are now and why I am sitting here.

Because of my social game, people trusted me, they believed me, and if they doubted me were either taken out or were forced to work with me, because I had eliminated other potential options. So even when I had gone against them the round before, proved time and time again was able to re-establish those connections, rebuild bridges and work with them again, only if I were to betray them again or indeed, even vote them out at the next opportunity. You can't do that unless you have a strong social game, and I put a lot of effort into this.

Neither Jeff or Kimmi can come close to laying claim to this. They pretty much picked an alliance and stuck to it. Neither was prepared to take the chances I did or would be as ruthless or dynamic. Even when they had arranged to make a move, such as with Hayden and Richard at F10, it was ill conceived and failed. Not just because I did not go along with it (although that certainly played a part, as it certainly was not in my best interests), but because it was also reliant on people that just 2 rounds before had been stung, and in Richard's case at least, had not properly healed.

All of which was achieved without ever once having immunity at any point. So while I potentially was vulnerable at every point along the way, the style of game I played and my ability to embrace it and position myself accordingly while playing all sides meant that I never needed any such immunity. There is always a way of surviving without immunity, and think I have conclusively proven that here. I am not looking to diminish the efforts of anyone who is good at challenges, but reliance on this is an error when there are much bigger components there also.

Overall, I'd say my game was a definite step-up from both Kimmi and Jeff's. For winning the odd challenge and bveing likeable and loyal, neither of them can claim to have impacted the game as I have. Or to have been anywhere near as dynamic as I have been. I took a stack of risks in this game, including voting out allies, but there was always a reason behind each move I made and how it would best suit my game, and my game alone, thanks as much to having played a solid social game, as it opened the doors for me to play the strategic game I did.

So, I don't know if this'll actually give you all the information you need or want out of me, or whatever, so be free to ask me any questions you want answered and will be more than happy to answer them. I have been brutal in this game, so I am anticipating some brutal questions and I promise you will get the brutal and honest truth. And while I am sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings, Just know that I don't regret any of my moves at all and I don't regret the decisions I made in the context of this game. I am very different outside of this game, but I am not asking that you take that into account, only judging me based on the game and how it related to getting me to this point here and being able to present the case I have.

So, yeah, once more, thanks for the opportunity to play and for making this such a fun experience! icon_smile It has been a blast owning the shizznit out of this game, I think I definitely outwitted and outplayed, and now it is up to you all to determine if I deserve to earn your vote in having outlasted everyone also. There can only be one, and I definitely think I am worthy of being that one.

Tina
Thakali Tribe

Postby Jeff » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:04:16 pm

Before I begin, I'd just like to ask that you all go into tonight with an open-mind and give each of us the opportunity to make our case before making your mind up. Whether I win or lose tonight, I would most appreciate you hearing me out.

As most of you know, I am a Survivor superfan, a Survivor fanatic. This is probably the closest I will ever get to playing Survivor so it is the closest I will get to realizing a dream of mine. This has been very, very close to making that dream come true, to even play in this. Win, lose or draw, I just want to thank you all (hosts included) for the opportunity to be involved in something like this. It was a pleasure to play with you all. The competition was much tougher than I anticipated which made this game much more fun than I expected - so thank you again for that.

Being a fan of this game, I knew that I couldn't go into this game with a mapped out strategy and expect it to work. I had no formal strategy. I had no pre-determined agenda. I had no master plan. What I did have however was a gameplan that included a few things I wanted to ensure I did throughout the game - most important of which was to be adaptable to everything: people, situations, alliances, the game in general - everything. I knew that I needed to adapt to every curveball this game could throw at me and I believe I did that very well. I knew I would have to lie and I was totally cool with it. I was willing to lie, cheat and steal to get to the end. I was willing to do whatever it took - that is, only if I felt it was beneficial for me to do so. I wanted to play a very calculating, very cautiously aggressive and very methodical game, like a Cesternino or a Fairplay and I think I successfully did that. If I betrayed someone, I wanted to make sure I went back to the betrayed parties to contain the blast so it never blew up in my face - it never did. I had to betray several different alliances at various different times in this game and nobody ever tried to take a shot at me (that I know of) - not one single vote.

Throughout the game, I kept getting asked in my confessional: "what's the plan? what's next? how are you going to get to the end?" Each time I'd try to answer by figuring out what needed to happen in order to get me and my most trusted allies as deep into the game as I could - and then I'd change my mind or learn something new and I'd have to scrap the entire plan. I tried to take this game 'episode' by 'episode', while considering how the decisions I made would affect the rest of the game. I never wanted to have a rigid plan, I always wanted to keep my options open. I had to remain open-minded to every option, every stone was worth being turned. I had to continue to adapt or I'd be the one voted out. I always wanted to ensure I surround myself with people I could influence the most -- and I did that.

Another thing I wanted to make sure I did was to ALWAYS be in the know about everything. I wanted to make sure I knew the plans of those I was rolling with and those who were coming against me or my allies. I made sure to always always always appear open-minded to every move, to every pitch from the opposing side not only because I wanted to consider it as a potential move, but also to protect against it.
I was given every single idol clue in the game, by Papa Bear, by Lisa, by Hayden, by Angie, by anyone who got the clue. I was always trusted enough to be given the idol clues and in some cases, the method to solving them.
I was also always trusted enough such that I always knew who both sides were voting for and in most cases, who every single person in the game was voting for (minus the Hayden vote - I knew votes were coming in on him, just not that many..). In this game, knowledge is power and I very much believe I was the most connected and most knowledgeable about our game, which would make me the most powerful player in the game.

The final key pointer in my gameplan was that I wanted to ensure that I kept up with everyone in the game. I wanted to have a relationship with every single person in this game, to always have an open line of communication with every single person in this game. I learned early in this game that every single person was valuable to the game, whether as a vote, as an ally or as someone to help me turn the tides in my favor. Too often in this game, I noticed people burning bridges with each other which only made things easier for me to use those burnt bridges to my advantage. Of course, I could only do this with people who were open to talking to me, so when someone showed no interest in working with me or talking to me in general, I didn't force it and the person who I thought was least likely to work with me went home. For everyone else, I kept up a working relationship so I always had my finger on every pulse in the game - or at least as many as I could - enough to make sure I knew what was going on at every step of this game.

I had to make sure that I knew what was going on from both sides, so I could formulate the best gameplan for myself and then try to influence both sides to take heat off of people I did not want out of the game and re-direct it onto people who I would prefer to be out of the game - and I think I did this more often than people realize. I never had any heat on me in the entire game. I never received a single vote cast against me in the entire game. I had an idol in my pocket for most of this game that I could change the course of the game with - but I never needed to. This game always went the direction I wanted it to (with the exception of Hayden leaving). I was never in any trouble. I believe I did myself a disservice by talking myself into such a non-threat and hyping myself down while hyping the threat level of everyone else up, even though I believe I was crucial to this game and critical to how it played out, from start to finish.

Before I close this out, I think I should make sure I mention a few specific things:
    --Very early in this game, I formed a pretty strong bond with Kimmi and we formed a final-2 deal that we stuck to throughout the game. We formed a 4-person alliance with two others that I had formed very strong bonds with while at Madhesi: Tina and Mad Dog. After being separated from my three closest allies at the tribe swap, I became pretty close with Debb and she effectively replaced Mad Dog in the alliance.

--When we hit the merge, Kimmi and I planned to work both alliances: me with the Rai/nuKirati alliance and Kimmi with the Kirati/nuMadhesi alliance. We planned to take out a few from each alliance until we could converge together and take over the game once and for all and take it to the end - which we did.

--Kimmi told me she had the Madhesi idol and unbeknownst to everyone I think, I had the Kirati idol - we had the two idols in the game and were working together closely as a pair. I tried to keep how close she and I were on the lowest of downlows as I could which seemed to work even better than I thought it might. One after another found themselves on the jury and here we are in the final-3. I remained very loyal to this alliance throughout the entire game.

I think I played a very integral part of this game. The person I wanted to go home went home every tribal council with the exception of Hayden and of course Debb falling victim to the idol orchestra.

I strongly believe that more than anybody else in this game, the decisions I made directly affected the course of this game and consequently the outcome of this game. I turned out being loyal to my main alliance. I wasn't afraid to lie or try to manipulate other people to get what I wanted accomplished in this game. I wasn't afraid to make big or risky moves, to take homerun swings knowing full well I could strike out. I wasn't going to sit around and allow myself to get 10th place, I wanted to make it to the end. I wanted to win. I feel like I earned my place in this game, through what I believe was a very strong social and strategic game and a couple of immunity wins.

I believe I outplayed everyone in this game. I believe I outwitted everyone in this game. and I believe I should outlast every person in this game, the last one standing.

I fully admit to lying many times in this game but I completely intend to be completely honest here in this final tribal council. I own my game and standby what I had to do to get to this point. I'm very proud of how I played in this game and I am anxious to talk about it (could you tell?). I hope you guys hit me with your best shot because I'm ready for it.

I went through this entire game without getting a vote cast against me and I hope that trend ends tonight on finale night with me being crowned the winner of this season, as I feel I deserve.
Jeff
Thakali Tribe

Postby Jeff » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:04:49 pm

HOLY SHIT. I thought mine was going to be way too long..
Jeff
Thakali Tribe

Postby Kimmi » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:06:09 pm

Good thing we started at 8, the jury's gonna need some time to get through all that icon_laughing
Kimmi
Thakali Tribe

Postby Jeff Probst » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:06:52 pm

Alright guys, I'd like to keep things moving along, even though you've just posted those walls of text and it will take time for the jury to read over it, I'd like our first Juror to go ahead and ask a question so that the final 3 can begin answering (which usually takes a 5-10+ minutes to answer each question).
Jeff Probst
Host

Postby Jeff Probst » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:09:08 pm

Let's start with Hayden,

Hayden, are you ready?
Jeff Probst
Host

Postby Hayden » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:11:08 pm

Hello it's HayTrain chooooo chooooooo
all aboard bitchessssssss!!!!!!!!!!!and hags...

I must say congrats but quite frankly I really do not give a shit about any of you...
I was on a leave of absence, and I have no idea what the fug has been going on, I apologize for not interacting with smilies on every TC but fuck..... it gets really boring when you're out of this game and have no one to root for ... and as I was saying .. I simply do not give a shit about this finale and the outcome of it but whatever I still have to vote for one of you bitches...

so I'm going to start with Tina....

wow.. what an hypocritical HAG you were in this game..
at first I thought you were going to be sweet and nice ... but man I was wrong... you are FULL OF SHIT!
Reading your PMs were a fucking pain.. paragraphs and paragraphs of utterly boring shit that I had to pretend and care .. (btw I was the one who suggested you to "shorten your pms" xD)

but... was there really a migraine? are you really a newbie?? just who are you???
I may sound like a dick, but I didn't like the BS in your PMs.. what the fuck was so important that you wanted to tell me AFTER my tribal council.... the night I got sent out?? knowing you were going to vote me out.... ya seriously screw you!

Kimmi & Jeff ... I know it may surprise you... but Tina is getting my vote.. yes she's a hag, yes she's been lying to everyone, yes she's full of shit, but she's been part of every fucking elimination vote! she flipped so many times, and yet no one wanted to get rid of her, and bough her BS! she came late in the game as a newbie, and had a lot of catching up to do, and for a "goat" or whatever you want to call it, I find it's pretty impressive that she made it to the end and fooled everyone

so my question to you both is.. What was Tina to you? and did you both knew I was going that night?

Hayden out!
good luck !
Hayden
Jury

Postby Kimmi » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:16:07 pm

I've said it before, but Tina was never a goat to me. I knew she'd have a decent case in the finals, but I did think and still think that I can beat her. That being said, she hasn't actually been part of every elimination vote. No more so than Jeff or I, anyway. She's thrown her vote to a random person on a couple occasions but that's not really flipping so much has her attempt at avoiding a tie vote.

As to whether I knew if you were going, I had hoped you wouldn't. I knew you were a target, and I'm pretty sure I told you as much. But we tried to get you and Rich to help us flip things and Rich sold you out.
Kimmi
Thakali Tribe

Postby Jeff » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:16:26 pm

Rude.

Short question though I think: Tina to me was a member of the Madhesi alliance we set up back on Madhesi of course. After the merge, she seemed to kind of be in no man's land, neither side seemed to know where her head was at. As for choosing who went home, if refusing to find out how ties were broken and would rather go against a plan to find out as deciding who went home then I guess she did. Tina was great to me this game and she was in on most of the decision making. I didn't think I was going to have much resistance from her in the game and it was indeed my plan to go to the end with Debb and Tina, expecting to beat them.

To answer your other question: no, I knew the votes were being split on you and Rich, the Kirati votes on you and the Madhesi votes on Rich. But of course there weren't supposed to be any votes on Rich because they should've been on Angie. Tina decided to flip that one up as she said "she didn't want the immunity wearer to break the tie". I didn't know Rich had flipped until a few days later. I was pretty peeved that vote and I felt like I took my swing in the game, missed and I was now going to be the target. I was ready to make the move against the Kirati alliance and for whatever reason, Rich and Tina decided it wasn't the time. I expected Angie to go.
Jeff
Thakali Tribe

Postby Tina » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:23:11 pm

Hey Hayden... err.. Coilby... err Hayden, lol. You know it was seriously hard to try and find a pic of Hayden and Tina together - justas you had said, haha!!! I never actually found one - even spend about an hour looking one time, lol.

Yes, I really did have a migraine that round when Ramona was eliminated. I did fluff out a few PMs, so they were long, people woud feel I was taking the time and effort to write PMs of length, that I did care enough about them, haha! I promise I willkeep the answers short tonight tonight.

As for what I wanted to tell you, that was pure deception, If you felt I was going to talk to you after TC then there was no chance you would have seen it coming when I voted you out. I don't know if you want to go back to my opening statement, but the reasons why I preferred you out over Angie is all there.

You are very charasmatic, and you made me laugh. icon_laughing But I didn't need a new Colby here. I already had Chris.

Thanks Hayden! icon_wub
Tina
Thakali Tribe

Postby Jeff Probst » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:24:25 pm

Thank you, Hayden.

Next Up, the ever-bubbly Angie.
Jeff Probst
Host

Postby Tina » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:27:09 pm

[quote="Kimmi"]I've said it before, but Tina was never a goat to me. I knew she'd have a decent case in the finals, but I did think and still think that I can beat her. That being said, she hasn't actually been part of every elimination vote. No more so than Jeff or I, anyway. She's thrown her vote to a random person on a couple occasions but that's not really flipping so much has her attempt at avoiding a tie vote. /quote]

Point of fact - I voted for every single person on the Jury. From Stacey right through to Carter, without exception.

If you were referring to nuMadhesi with Md Dog, that was a different issue, but post merge my record was 100%
Tina
Thakali Tribe

Postby Angie » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:28:48 pm

Awww, thank you Probstie. icon_wub

First of all, congratulations guys for making it this far. Obviously I didn't, so you all have already one-upped me. You guys are all great people, great friends that I made, I'm happy to see you all here.

I'll tell you right now though: if you give me bullshitty, fake, buttered-up answers, I won't vote for you. This is a game where arguments and clashes are inevitable and you're going to have to throw people under the bus. Not only in actions, like some of you did for me, but in words. To get my vote, you need to tell me why you deserve the title of Sole Survivor. This isn't just a regular tribal council. I want to hear the truth. No one on the 'other alliance' is carefully listening to your words anymore to analyze your place in the game. Remember, you're trying to impress us now. All your answers should come back to why you deserve to win.

Anyways... I'm too nice to grill people too much, so I'll just move onto the questions. icon_laughing

Kimmi, I have to give you props for evading my attempts to get you out like... what, two, three times? There are people here who will say (and they most likely will tell you) that you let others do all the dirty work. I disagree, because I think the fact you were able to keep people on your side every vote does show some level of control in the game. So in that sense, we all know your social game is good. However, I want to know, in your opinion, what, if anything, there is that you did strategically that you've regretted. If there's anything that you wish you had taken control of or fought harder for.

Tina, when I told you I thought you could win, I was being truthful. But now, I'm not sure. Because from my point of view and everyone else's on the jury, it doesn't seem like you've done much other than follow other people's instructions when it came to flipping. I want to know what you have to say to the people in the jury who are reluctant to vote for you for that reason.

Jeff, hi! You really were someone I really enjoyed talking to on a personal level. I hope when I read your confessionals later this week they won't be all like 'Oh my god Angie is so annoying' haha. Anywhooo, my question for you is - what do you think your position in this game was? Were you the mastermind, the follower, something else? And why?

Thanks for your time, guys. Again, congratulations. I'm going into this with an open mind so all of you, at the very least, may be able to get one vote from me. I can't wait to speak to you guys after this is all over. Good luck!
Angie
Jury

Postby Jeff » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:35:25 pm

helloooooooo Angie.

I honestly believe I deserve to win because I played the best. Tina can spew a lot of bullshit as presented with her myriad of plainly incorrect facts in this tribal council and as presented in this entire game. Her head was in the clouds for the first portion of the merge, she very nearly went home - and no, it wasn't because she convinced me otherwise. I was part of the decision making, mostly Kimmi and I with some Tina and Debb sprinkled in. I was the one who was willing to put the gloves on and go to work with the other side, trying to get as much info as humanly possible even if it meant lying, even if it meant getting blood on my hands, so that we could formulate a plan to better ourselves, which really in the grand scheme of things, to better myself in this game. Despite not voting into a Carter's idol and voting out Debb and not predicting that Tina/Rich were going to flip, I was pretty much guiding this game. I wouldn't say I was the mastermind but I certainly wouldn't say I was a follower, not even close. I influenced every decision from the Madhesi side, even if I wasn't the first one to blatantly say "LETS VOTE _____ OUT" every time.

I don't think either of the final 2 are here if not for me, quite frankly. Tina probably goes first at the merge whether she would like to believe it or not, or a tie forms and a decision has to be made by whoever doesn't want to go to rocks..
Jeff
Thakali Tribe

Postby Kimmi » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:36:42 pm

Kimmi, I have to give you props for evading my attempts to get you out like... what, two, three times? There are people here who will say (and they most likely will tell you) that you let others do all the dirty work. I disagree, because I think the fact you were able to keep people on your side every vote does show some level of control in the game. So in that sense, we all know your social game is good. However, I want to know, in your opinion, what, if anything, there is that you did strategically that you've regretted. If there's anything that you wish you had taken control of or fought harder for.

Three sounds about right icon_laughing

But yes, there is something that I regret about my game, strategically, at least partially. Because if I had made the move, things might not have worked out like they did and I might not be here now for it to matter. It was the round Hayden got voted out. That round was supposed to be my big blindside of you. I was pushing so hard for a vote for you and I know you didn't expect it. I knew there was the chance that things weren't going to work out in my favor but I was hoping that they would. I knew the vote was supposed to be for Hayden, and I wrestled with playing my idol on him just in case. It would've given me a lot of credit for the move and I might have had a trusting ally in Hayden afterwards. But there was the whole "what if the vote is for me?" question and "What if I waste it?" came up as well. I couldn't be 100% positive that everything was going to go according to plan and the idol would have guaranteed that it did, but I was unsure if that was the right way to play it. So I didn't, and I regretted it. Hindsight is 20/20 afterall.
Kimmi
Thakali Tribe

Postby Jeff » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:43:39 pm

also, no, my confessionals are full of DEAR DIARY.. XD

nah, just kidding :p
Jeff
Thakali Tribe

Postby Jeff Probst » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:44:51 pm

Alright, I'm sorry to move on Tina, but we do have a schedule. Feel free to answer Angie's questions even after Ramona has asked.

Ramona, if you are ready my nubian princess, the floor is yours!
Jeff Probst
Host

Postby Tina » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:45:37 pm

Angie wrote:Tina, when I told you I thought you could win, I was being truthful. But now, I'm not sure. Because from my point of view and everyone else's on the jury, it doesn't seem like you've done much other than follow other people's instructions when it came to flipping. I want to know what you have to say to the people in the jury who are reluctant to vote for you for that reason.!

Hhey Angie icon_wub

I said in the opening statement that I would give the truth, good, bad, whatever the case may be. You will get it.

I disagree with the assessment here, that Ii was following orders.

I voted for Stacey, because Stacy I knew was targeting me.

I voted for Ramona, straightforward, as it was 10-1. I did have a migraine that round, so was grateful for an easy vote that night.

I voted for Hayden. I did not like the plan to target you, as you were an option to me, and I was being asked to put my faith in people I had no connection with. My game was about making sure I had options, not making life for myself harder by cutting them off. Carter asked me to switch it to Hayden, and knowing that only Chris was voting Richard, was OK with doing this.

I voted Denise, as this again served my purpose. If there was any chance of working with you & Carter, then Denise had to go. When Chris and I hooked back up with Kimmi, Debb & Jeff the option of both you and Denise were on the table. I was pretty quick to say I preferred her to go as I had no connection with Denise and I dod have one with you.

I voted Richard, and this was entirely of my doing. Richard was a wildcard and I could not get a read on what he was doing or where his head was at. So he had to go, to prevent others from wanting to let him drift, and it wouod buy time to get through that one vote to get you to the weekend, and see what could be done with 3 whoele days to work with

I voted for you, as you were the Plan B. However had Chris lost immunity, I had Debb already signed on as I needed to convince her of this, and had PMs written up even, ready to send to you and Carter, which were vote Chris and you were safe. It was going to be a bliondside, but Chris saved himself and Plan B is better than backfiring on me entirely

I voted for Debb, because I knew that between Chris and Carter someone had to have had the HII. (I didnt know who - or that you had given it to Carter. why was that?), but in a chouce between Debb and I - that is no choice at all. So better say to Carter and Chris I was with them 100% to make sure the target was not me.

I voted for Chris - because, if Chris gets to the end, he has one hell of a sdtrong case to put to the Jury. Sorry, big guy. I couldn't risk it. Besides, after having missed with the blindise, the first time you were not immune, you had to go.

I voted for Carter, because Carter had dcided to put all his eggs in one basket and go for the immunity and that alone. He was not very happy with me by this point. but at the same time felt I had a much better case to put foprward against Jeff and Kimmi than I did against Carter.

In all of these, I am happy to expand if there was any you wanted clarification on, but every single vote, I weighed the pros and cons to my game. I was not playing for team Madhesi or team nuMadhesi or whatever I had going with any individual or group. I was playing for what was in MY best interests, and it was as simple as that.

Hope that answrrs your questions, hun. icon_wub
Tina
Thakali Tribe

Next

Return to Tribal Council